Chief Technology Officer
As an innovative player in the software industry, RecoMatics is looking for a strong Chief Technology Officer to contribute to the strategic growth of our company. Would you like to get real satisfaction from your job and play a crucial role in a young and ambitious team? Then you should definitely read on!
What is your role?
As CTO, you are responsible for the strategic choices in terms of technology. You are a member of the management team and have a major impact by defining and achieving our short, medium and long-term objectives together with your colleagues. Therefore, research & development is an important focus and you are always busy coming up with innovative, customer-oriented solutions. You are the intellectual point of contact for all engineers and are happy to share your extensive knowledge. One of your main priorities is to ensure that each team member achieves his/her best results. Thanks to your business sense, your choices will also have a positive impact on the profitability of our products, and therefore of the entire company.
- Keep track of the latest technological evolutions, summarise them and present them clearly to your team & management.
- Ensuring that the right technical skills are in place to ensure the future of RecoMatics, both in the short and long term.
- Initiate R&D activities and deploy them within the team.
- Act as an intellectual sounding board and mentor for our engineers by critically reviewing their analyses and technical designs and adjusting them where necessary.
- Development and monitoring of the product roadmap, including monitoring of deadlines and correct implementation.
- Support the sales process for innovative projects that require the use of new technology.
- Raising the quality of work of our engineers and projects to the highest possible level by developing and monitoring efficient processes (excellence in execution).
- Describing customer-oriented, innovative solutions with a view to the future (product vision).
- Analyse and adjust current products so that they remain competitive and meet the highest requirements.
- Define and present strategic proposals in the field of technology and product development to the management.
- Ensuring result-oriented budget management.
- Being a true leader for your direct team of about six top players in their field.
- Together with the managers of the Delivery team, evaluate, discuss and adjust the individual technical objectives of their team members.
Who are you?
- You have at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- You have a university degree in an IT-related subject.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS), AI platforms, version control software tools (DevOps, git) and software design? Check!
- Technology and software development are your passion. You are therefore eager to learn and closely follow the evolutions.
- Average is not good enough. You strive for perfection in everything you do.
- You take on the challenge of guaranteeing top quality at all times and can act quickly to make adjustments where necessary and to meet deadlines.
- As a real team player, you are always positive and solution-oriented with a hands-on mentality.
- You are a fluent communicator and know how to bring out the best in your colleagues.
- This development stack is music to your ears:
- + (Azure) SQL + MongoDb
- HTML+ React.js for web apps
- Docker and Kubernetes for organising containers
- .Net (C#), .Net Core
- Devops via Azure DevOps
What do we have to offer?
Of course, you can expect something in return. We offer an attractive, informal company culture where managers like you work together with the employees and challenge each other to achieve results. RecoMatics is a stable company with years of experience, but with the flexible attitude of a startup.
This means, among other things:
- A brand-new office, adapted to The New World of Work (modern interior, attention to your needs with quiet spaces, seperate pods, equipped auditorium, ..., surrounded by the Damvallei, just outside Ghent, without traffic jams and always free parking spaces).
- A varied function with plenty of room for personal initiative, autonomy and flexibility.
- Sincere attention for further training and personal growth.
- A young and dynamic team with a positive mindset.
- Fun@Work with sports activities, afterworks, happy hour on Fridays, a family day, RecoWeekend and so on. Also in this corona era, we provide togetherness and fun among colleagues in other ways.
- Of course, our competitive salary package is also important. We are happy to explain this in a personal meeting.
Totally convinced? Then quickly click on the button below and introduce yourself.
We look forward to getting to know you better!